Download the Printer Setting Tool from this website. You may need your IT administrator’s permission to install this software. Once this is installed, connect your Brother 820 Printer to the computer with the cream USB cable provided with your printer and turn the printer on.
1. Open the Printer Setting Tool, this should automatically detect the model of your printer. (if not, close the software, give it 10 seconds, then reopen the software).
2. Click on Communication Settings and select the General tab and then Communication Settings on the left.
3. Make sure your screen has the same selections as below;
4. Click on Communication Settings and select the Wireless LAN tab and then Wireless Settings on the menu on the left.
5. Your SSID is the name of the WiFi Network
6. Select the appropriate authentication method for your network (NB. The QL-820NWB is not compatible with WPA/WPA2 Enterprise networks)
7. Enter your Passphrase / User ID / Password as applicable to your network.
8. Apply these settings, this should tell you that the printer has been successfully updated and your WiFi symbol on the screen should be solid.
9. Open the SinePoint Pro App and go to Settings > Printing
10. If there is a printer, but it is not connected, remove it from the iPad.Once you have removed the disconnected printer or if there is no printer showing, select Add via IP.
11. Select your printer type from the drop-down list (Brother QL-820NWB).
12. Acquire your printer IP address – Menu > WLAN > WLAN Status.
13. Enter the printer IP Address and select Add.
14. Print a test label and you are done!