Requirements: Sine Point Pro App for iPad 1.19.0 or above, Brother QL-820NWB
Looking to purchase a compatible printer, visit the Sine Online Store.
The Sine Point Pro App for iPad now includes support for Brother Bluetooth printers, in addition to the existing WiFi and AirPrint connections.
If your printer has been pre-configured by Sine, indicated by a label affixed to your printer packaging. Please skip to Step 2: Checking.
NB. If a site has a printer connected and upgrades to this version of Sine Point Pro, the existing printer will remain connected via WiFi. Sites can optionally disconnect the printer and reconnect over Bluetooth if they prefer.
Part 1: Checking Bluetooth settings on the Printer:
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled: (Bluetooth icon shows on display in top right)
- Menu > Bluetooth > Bluetooth ON/OFF > ON
- Automatic Reconnection > ON
- Bluetooth Status > Take note of device name (e.g. QL-820NWB3456)
- Having Bluetooth and WiFi ON at the same time will not cause any issues.
Part 2: Checking Bluetooth Setting on the iPad:
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled in iPad System Preferences
Enter Settings > Bluetooth > ON
If you see “Allow New Connections" button, tap on this to enable new connections
Part 3 : Adding the printer to the iPad
First, check your printer's serial number by opening the lid and looking for the serial barcode inside the printer, near the top adjacent the hinge, underneath the label roll.
On your iPad:
- Enter Settings > Bluetooth
- Browse the list of discovered devices, please note that multiple printers may show up in this list.
- Find your printer by searching for the device name. (e.g. If your printer's serial number ends in 3456, your device name is QL-820NWB3456)
- Tap the on your device name to initiate pairing.
- Both the printer and iPad will display a pairing code (Bluetooth SSP),
check the pairing codes match, then press "OK" on the printer and "Pair" on the iPad.
Pairing code not matching?
You might be choosing the wrong device and trying to connect to another printer or device at your premises.
(If your printer has not been pre-configured by Sine, or if you have self-supplied, the prompt may not appear - skip this step, your printer will now be connected.)
Part 4: Adding the printer to SinePoint Pro App
- Navigate to SinePoint Pro App
- If you haven't logged in yet, do so now.
Or, tap cog in the bottom right-hand corner and enter your password.
- Allow SinePoint Pro to use bluetooth on your device.
- Tap cog in the bottom right-hand corner and enter your password again.
- Tap Printing settings
- Tap Bluetooth
- Tap the already paired printer
- Print a test badge
- Tap done to return to check-in screen