1. Check general connectivity
Please check that your iPad is connected to the internet by closing SinePoint Pro and opening the Safari internet browser on your iPad and search for any term in the search bar.
If you don’t get any returned results, your iPad is offline and is not connected to the internet. Follow the proceeding steps to repair connectivity.
If you are using a cellular network and encounter a recharge page, you have exceeded your allocated data allowance. Please contact us using the chat bubble in the bottom-right hand corner of the page to rectify this issue.
2a. Check your WiFi connection (if using a WiFi-based iPad)
The most common cause of your SinePoint Pro iPad not connecting will be due to WiFi connection failure. If you are not using a cellular-based iPad, follow these steps to connect to WiFi.
Open Settings on your iPad.
2. Select Wi-Fi from the settings screen. Make sure Wi-Fi is switched on. Check your iPad is connected to either Sine-Private if using a router provided by Sine, or your corporate network otherwise.
3. Ensure the Ask to Join Nearby Networks toggle is disabled
4. Forget all nearby, unsecured networks, as these can can interfere when the original connection drops out and it reconnects to these public networks.
5. Close settings, open Safari again and refresh the search page. If you get results, you are connected to the internet and are free to open Sine Pro again. If not, proceed.
6. Check the WiFi range on your iPad in the top left corner has at least 2 bars of connectivity. If WiFi has poor signal, there will be connection issues. Move the iPad somewhere closer to your router to improve signal.
7. If your iPad is still not connecting, please reboot your router. This can be done by pressing the large button on the back of the router twice to reboot. Once all the lights come on and the WiFi light is solid green, retry connecting to the router’s WiFi. Your specific router may require different steps to reboot, please refer to your user manual.
8. Once you diagnose your connection issue, please open SinePoint Pro again and test its operation. If there is internet connectivity but Sine Pro is not working, proceed to Part 3.
2b. Check your cellular connectivity (if using a cellular-based iPad)
Open Settings on your iPad.
2. Select Mobile Data on the Settings screen. Make sure that Mobile Data is switched on.
3. Please check your connection on your 4G SIM card. Check your SIM is in credit with yours provided.
4. Please check that the dots in the top left hand corner show at least 3 filled to indicate satisfactory internet connectivity. If there are less than 3 bars, then there may be intermittent connectivity issues. Try moving the iPad to a place where there is stronger 4G signal.
2c. Perform a Speed Test
To perform a speedtest on your iPad once connectivity has been resolved:
Download and install Ookla Speedtest from the App Store.
Allow location permissions, then select Begin Test. The test will then record your device’s speed.
3. If you have a stable and decent connection, download and upload should be more than 1Mpbs and ping should be less than 300ms. You may wish to move the iPad to a position with a stronger signal to improve these numbers.
If your iPad has a strong signal, good connection and fast speed, the issue may not be within the network. Proceed to Part 3 to continue.
3. Close SinePoint Pro and reopen it
If WiFi/cellular connection is not your issue, then hard close SinePoint Pro and reopen it.
To hard close an App, double click the Home button and then swipe upwards on the SinePoint Pro App. The app will slide up and off the screen. This hard closes the App.
2. Tap on the SinePoint Pro icon on the Home Screen to re-open it.
3. If SinePoint still doesn’t work, even with internet connectivity, please proceed to the following parts.
4. Restart the iPad
Often, if the iPad is not behaving correctly, a restart is the next step to a correctly working iPad.
Press and hold the power button on the iPad. A screen will appear with a slider to switch off your iPad. Switch the slider to the right to shut down the iPad.
If the iPad is frozen and the slider does not appear, initiate a force restart by holding down the Home and Power buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds.
Turn the iPad back on by pressing the power button again.
Providing an internet connection is established, open SinePoint Pro to complete the restart process.
If your iPad still isn’t launching SinePoint correctly, perform an app and system update.
5. Update SinePoint Pro to the latest version
SinePoint Pro is being actively maintained. If you are using an older version of the app, issues occurring may have been fixed in a newer version. To check for updates and update the SinePoint Pro app:
Open the App Store from the Home Screen.
2. At the bottom of the screen, select Updates.
3. If there is an update, it will appear in the update list. Select the Update button to update the app. If prompted to enter a password for your account, do so to update. If prompted to enter a password for a different account, please contact us using the chat bubble in the bottom right-hand corner.
4. Once the app is launched, retry logging in. If SinePoint Pro still does not work correctly, proceed to Part 6.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall SinePoint Pro from the iPad
If an update is not available or does not solve the issue, please uninstall and reinstall the SinePoint Pro app.
On the Home screen, press and hold on SinePoint Pro. The icons will begin to shake.
2. Press the X in the top right-hand corner to remove the app from the iPad.
3. Download SinePoint Pro from the App store again.
4. Log in using your dashboard details.
If these steps still don’t solve the problem, please proceed to Part 7.
7. Perform a system update
Apple periodically releases operating system updates to iOS for all supported iPads. These updates improve the overall stability of the system. To check for an update, and to update iOS, proceed with the following steps:
Open the Settings app.
2. Select the General tab on the left tab column.
3. Select Software Update.
4. If there is an update, it will appear in the right-hand column. Select Download and Install to perform the update. Note: this operation may take a long time.
5. Retry opening Sine Pro. If the app still does not function correctly, please contact us using the chat bubble in the bottom right-hand corner.